Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Employment Taxes For Household Employees

Household employees include housekeepers, maids, baby-sitters, gardeners, and others who work in or around your private residence as your employees. Repairmen, plumbers, contractors, and other business people who work for you as independent contractors, are not your employees. Household workers are your employees if you can control not only the work they do but how they do it...........

Internal Revenue Service


Blogger Casey said...

I am a babysitter for this family who pays me as an independent contractor. I don't really think of myself as a business or a contractor because i show up for work at the hours they tell me to and do the specific chores and duties they ask me to do (well most of it anyway). I even feed their meatball of a dog his little gourmet dinner of pureed peas and gravy. On top of that I use their car to drive the little hellions around in and provide the services on site at their mess of a house.
They said because i babysit for another family (their cousins) and i took a CPR class that I’m a contractor who is responsible for paying my own taxes. Can i sue them for the employment taxes they have made me pay for the last two years? What about the medical expenses i had last week after their kid stapled my arm?

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home