Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Thursday, February 28, 2008

IRS Sending Rebate Info To SS, VA Beneficiaries

If you plan to receive a tax rebate from the federal government later this year, you need to file your 2007 income tax return on time. This includes those people receiving Social Security or veterans' benefits who, in most cases, don't normally have to file an income tax return. According to the IRS, it's that simple--no return, no rebate, even if you are eligible for the rebate.

This could be problematic for these beneficiaries, since they usually do not have to file an annual return. So the IRS is trying to get the word out to the seniors and veterans without earned income.

To help avoid confusion, Social Security and Veterans Administration beneficiaries can expect to receive a packet of information about claiming economic stimulus rebates in late March, the IRS announced February 24, 2008............

CCH Toolkit


Post a Comment

<< Home