Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer Camp Tax Benefit

Don't forget that if you send your child or children (under age 13) to summer camp, the cost may count as an expense toward the Child and Dependent Care Credit.

You can claim the credit if you have to put your children in summer camp programs so that you (and your spouse if filing a joint return) can go to work or look for work. This is no different from when you pay for child care during the school year so you can work -- doesn't matter if the kid is having more fun in the summer. Your fun is getting the tax benefit if you qualify.


Post a Comment

<< Home