Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Going To Court With The IRS

You can go to U.S. Tax Court, Federal District Court, or the Court of Federal Claims, Most people pick the Tax Court because you don't have to pay the contested tax ahead of time to have your case heard.
Some people choose Federal District Court or the Court of Federal Claims because they think their chances are better, but these courts generally will hear tax cases only after you've already paid the tax and filed a refund claim.

U.S. Tax Court:
Federal District Court - Eastern Michigan
Court of Federal Claims


Post a Comment

<< Home