Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Medical Expenses Of Dependents

You can generally deduct medical and dental bills for yourself, your spouse, all dependents you claim on your return, your child whom you do not claim as a dependent as a result of divorce or separation, and any person you could have claimed as a dependent on your return except that the person received $3,200 or more of gross income or filed a joint return. The last one could result in a big deduction. For example, you provided over half of your father's support but can't claim him as a dependent because he received wages of $3,200 in 2005. You can claim any medical and dental expenses you paid for him in 2005.

A/N Group, Inc.


Post a Comment

<< Home