Location: Westland, Michigan, United States

Graduate of Walsh Institute Of Accountancy (Now Walsh College) Michigan in 1959. Retired in 1987, but still active in the profession **World War II Veteran (Pacific) **PHONE 734-261-1979 **E-MAIL **(Domain Name CPASENSE Registered) **Mentioned in the Journal of Accountancy, SmartPros, Tax Prof Blog, CPA2BIZ, CPA Journal, AccountingWEB, CPATrendlines & More **Search Accounting Blogs: (Includes cpasense)**TOPICS - FINANCE - FEDERAL & MICHIGAN TAXES ** Making Sense Of Your Finance & Taxes

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Taxpayers Who Open Their Homes To Katrina Evacuees May Be Eligible For Tax Deduction of $500 per person, up to a maximum of $2,000. To qualify, you must provide rent-free housing in your principal residence for at least 60 days. You can take the deduction for housing displaced members of your family as long as they're not claimed as dependents on your tax returns. Consult your tax advisor - Section 302 HR 3768 (PL 109-73) Katrina Emergency Tax Relief Act - 2005


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ##NAME##. Hope you are well. I came across your site totally by accident. In fact it wasn't exactly on a topic I was looking for (I was on the lookout for irs tax relief info). But as I was searching, one link led me to another and I got curious about your blog. I found it interesting and thought I'd drop you a line to tell you so. I guess thats what surfing is all about.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suprise Suprise open your eyes...Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit Carlsbad construction and you can see what a little change can create..

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home